Saturday, January 28, 2006

Epilogue

So back home again, in the era of Ethiopian Idol, how do I feel about the trip now? For me it was a great experience and there are many memories that I will treasure, not least the friends that I have made on the way. I have started rereading “The Blue Nile”, by Alan Moorhead – my aunt managed to find the illustrated version in a Hay-on-Wye bookshop! I have looked further on the internet at the accounts of other people who have travelled to the places we went to… for instance the following site where the Author seemed to travel the same paths as us http://www.mabot.com/eastafrica99/simien1.html.

As for the fitness… well I have been trying hard and with a moderate level of success I have been keeping active and trying to retain my form. It is hard though to make up for walking 8 hours a day at altitude during a London winter! We keep trying!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?